If I ever want anything sweet, best believe it’s going to have chocolate in it. Love chocolate! The hardest thing for me was trying to find a good chocolate smoothie recipe without banana. There’s just something about banana and chocolate that I don’t like. I like banana with almond or peanut butter, but no chocolate. This smoothie has a small piece of banana, literally like a 2 inch piece just for sweetness because I did not have strawberries. For yesterday’s smoothie I used about a cup of mixed berries that I had in my freezer (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries). Any berry mix will work though.
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (Unsweetened (organic) or this one is non-GMO)
- 1 scoop Wheatgrass (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp Raw Cacao Powder (I use this brand that I bought on Vitacost, but it’s almost everywhere)
- 1 scoop Chocolate vegan Protein (I have been loving this brand both the chocolate and vanilla flavors)
- 1 bunch (about a cup) baby spinach
- Quarter piece – ½ dollar piece ginger
- Small piece banana
- ½ – 1 cup mixed berries
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp acai berry powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (I buy the wholefoods 365 brand, but I have also used this one)
- 1 tbsp. almond butter (I buy at WholeFoods this brand)
- ½ cup water (if needed)
Place in a blender and blend till smooth.
Let me know how it comes out!